It's hardly a secret that the best way to boost revenue is to get new business. And one of the best ways to generate new business is from customer referrals. There is little that speaks as glowingly about your business than your current and past customers raving about it. What's even better, usually this most effective form of advertising doesn't have to cost you a cent!
It's not really much of a secret that one of the best means of growing your income is to constantly be finding new customers. And one of the best ways of finding new customers can be found in in generating referrals from your existing customers. It's clear that nothing speaks louder about the quality of your products and services as a glowing review or referral from your existing and previous customers. And even more importantly, this type of marketing doesn’t even cost you a penny!
So let's start tapping this extremely profitable vein. We've compiled five tips to make this a reality in your business.
- Be awesome – Yes, this is an easy thing to say, but often much harder to actually accomplish. But you should always do your best to go “above and beyond” in delivering your services. Really work hard to show your customers that you not only care, but are willing to “give till it hurts”. Additionally, you should occasionally refer them out to someone else’s products or services that they might find useful. The goodwill that this can generate will go far in making you look like you really care about their success.
- Connect with your customers via social media – You can be sure that most all of your customers are already using social media to talk about the brands, services and products that they like. Hopefully this will include yours too! You need to be a part of these conversations whenever possible (without going too far, of course!). Be there with helpful tips and comments, and use the opportunity to continue to build a positive relationship. These efforts can really pay off in the long run.
- Handle any problems with a sincere willingness to make thing right – No one is perfect, and even the best of us sometimes make mistakes. If a problem occurs, you need to show that you are willing to step up and accept responsibility and make things right. And fast. When you do this, the word will quickly get out that you stand behind your services and do what is right to take care of your customers.
- Provide rewards and incentives for leaving good reviews – You must have a system in place that allows your customers to leave reviews about your business. And if you can provide some kind of incentive for doing so, you will really come out ahead in the long run. You need to provide an opportunity to leave reviews not only on your website, but also on many of the other major review sites such as Google, Yelp, Merchant Circle, Yahoo Business, and more. Getting good reviews of your business spread out across the internet will really begin to help not only your reputation and sales, but will provide a good SEO ranking boost too.
- Make your customers feel like partners – Always be looking for opportunities to get their opinions. Share any great tips or information that you discover. Make special offers and bonus gifts for no reason at all, other than to promote goodwill around your business. If you can turn your customer base into a real community, you will find that they will stick with you for the long run. And even better, they will become a true ambassador for your brand, sharing their great experiences with their friends and family. With this type of environment, you just can’t help but to grow and be successful!