One of the most important aspects of any scalable sales system is that your processes need to be easily repeatable. You have to create processes that you can ramp up or down as needed using systems and software that allow that. Let’s go over the various ways to make your sales scalable.
Get the Right Sales Team
Whether you use affiliates or an actual team of sales professionals doesn’t matter. You simply need to have a process of how you choose them so that they are working hard to promote your products. Oftentimes, using affiliates can cut down on expenses and increase sales. You only pay if they sell, and they usually only sell if they like the product or service.
Get to Know Your Numbers
There are metrics you need to know such as profit margin, conversion rate, and so forth. Get to know the numbers you need to know so that you can make good decisions about what you’re going to do about any given situation.
Understand the Customer of One
Today when you market to your customers, you focus on just one by creating a customer persona and developing all your marketing materials to that one person. That doesn’t mean you can’t create more than one persona for different areas of your audience, but you do need to learn to focus down to sell more.
Align Offers with the Customers’ Needs
When you consider your product offerings and the needs of your customers, you can probably create even more products that fill more needs. In fact, you can create valuable add-ons at every stage. For example, you might want to add on a checklist or workbook to a course to help when they’re not at their computer.
Make Choices Based on Numbers
It’s very important to learn to look at data, know what it indicates and then be able to make a decision based on that. For example, if you have an underperforming sales page, how do you know it’s the sales page? If you know how to look at the numbers, you’ll know.
Make Your Process Repeatable
Anytime you can develop a process for any work you do, from onboarding customers to following up after purchase, you’ll increase sales, increase customer satisfaction, and push your business to the next level.
Use Cloud-Based Systems
When you work in the cloud, you can use more or less of that service each day, week, or month and only pay for what you use. Whether it’s a shopping cart, an email autoresponder service or something else, use scalable cloud-based systems to make it easy.
Improve Your Lead Generation and Management Structure
One of the most important ways you can scale sales is to manage your leads carefully. You want a plan from capture to after the sale so you can follow up carefully.
Having a flexible system in place will keep your business lean. It enables you to cut down on expenses until you need to ramp it up to make more sales. You can accomplish this today using cloud software solutions that allow you to scale up and down as needed.
You’ve likely heard the myth that if you work hard, you’ll get great results. You’ve been told all your life that if you’re not measuring up, you’re just not working hard enough. It can be quite demoralizing when you think about it – especially if you are working super-hard and still not getting the results you want.
Find Your Passion
The truth is, if you’re working hard at something you’re not passionate about and don’t care about, it will feel like you’re working even harder than you are. If you find something you love, something that wakes you up each day full of excitement, then you’ll find that work doesn’t feel so hard.
There are always going to be people who think that you’re nuts for getting off their treadmill. They’re not going to understand why you’re doing what you’re doing. They’re still buying the myth that hard work alone pays off. Just put your nose to the grindstone and put your head down and follow your own path.
Accept Today for What It Is
You can’t change things suddenly if you don’t have a lot of money, so you might have to keep working the job that you hate while you work passionately for the things you love until you’re earning a living from the new thing. It’s okay; just practice acceptance for what is.
Work Smarter Not Harder
There are things that you do each day that make a big impact, and things that don’t. Even if you’re still in a job, you don’t have to keep doing things that no one notices and don’t matter in the scheme of things. Do what matters. Let the rest fall where it may.
Keep Your Ethics
As you grow, it’s important to stay within your own moral compass. You can still get ahead even if you aren’t willing to compromise. Sometimes the fame or money just isn’t worth it, no matter how hard you’ve worked on what you’ve wanted.
Make Important Connections
One of the most important ways you can succeed in life is by making solid connections with others. Whether they’re family relationships or business connections, making good ones and keeping them will help you immensely.
Remember the 80/20 Rule
This is also called the Pareto principle, and it states that 20 percent of your actions cause 80 percent of the results. When you identify the actions that are getting you more results, you need to double down on those.
The truth is, working smarter not harder is the best way to approach anything. Remember the 80/20 rule too. When you can identify the actions that get more bang for your buck, you’ll be more successful than you ever thought possible.
Responsive Website Design
Small business owners want to have a website that gets results for them, attracts prospects, brings in leads and converts visitors. But, like most things with technology, there are always changes taking place. It’s important to keep abreast of these issues even if you’re not a web designer. One such issue is the need for a responsive website design. Here’s why that’s so important.
- Usability – A responsively designed website will be easier to use for the visitors than one that isn’t. A responsive design is clean, has useable menu options, and uses all the technology available for one-click calls, one-click emails, and more. A website optimized for mobile will work better than others.
- Mobile Web Growth – Mobile internet has grown by over 400 percent in the last two years and is going to continue to grow. However, it’s not going to replace other types of devices. In fact, people are becoming multi-device users. They use their phone, their tablets, and their PC interchangeably.
- SEO – Having a responsive website is one of the best things you can do for your search engine optimization. The reason is that most search engines give a higher return of responsive sites as results in searches. Plus, responsive websites are easier to use and simply work better.
- Avoid Flash – It’s important to be careful about using Flash on your desktop version of your website, but you should never use it if you want your website to be responsible. When you embed videos in your website, this can be an issue. Be sure to use a plugin that enables you to deliver the video to both mobile users and desktop users.
- Stop Using Pop-Ups – It’s true that they do work great to convert on your desktop. But, you need to ensure that you set them up not to try to deliver to a mobile device, because they simply don’t work on mobile devices.
- Consider the Fingers – Remember that people using mobile devices are typically using their finger to click their choices. Design buttons and drop downs with that in mind, giving plenty of finger room and differentiation between choices.
- Create Optimized Page Titles – Even on mobile, each page needs a good page title. You want to avoid titles that are drawn out and confusing. Use keywords in the titles, and keep them short when possible.
- Optimize Meta Descriptions – Meta descriptions for mobile need to be short; in fact keep it to 120 characters or less. This will ensure that Google and other search engines are getting the most information in the best way.
If you want more visitors and repeat visitors, it’s important to keep these things in your radar. Even if you’re not a web designer, you’ll need to stay informed. You can hire a good web designer or simply use the right self-hosted WordPress themes.
You understand that a strong online marketing strategy is vital to success in an increasingly diversified and competitive marketplace. You want to capture more leads and convert them into clients; you want to increase your sales and earn bigger profits. Just as importantly, you want to expand your brands and grow your businesses. (more…)