It’s really not that mobile is winning; it’s that different-sized screens and different browsers have become the norm. Due to that change in technology and the ease at which the public can access it, it’s imperative that you design all your websites for mobile first. When you design for mobile first, you automatically create a situation where your site looks fabulous and works well across all devices.
It’s about the User
SEO isn’t just about your ability to get more eyes on your content, it’s also about the user’s experience. When a user loves the website they’re more likely to keep coming back, consuming the content, and answering your calls to action.
Google Wants You to Go Mobile
Google gave directions to all webmasters to ensure that they build for mobile first, and that responsive design is best for this purpose. The fact is, most people still use Google for search, so due to that it’s best to get on the bandwagon as soon as possible.
Mobile Voice Search
Many mobile devices have voice activated tools and due to that, voice search for mobile is now a common thing. The fact that this exists will help people find your website even more easily from mobile – provided that you have the right content within your website and all pages are responsive.
Ensure Videos are Playable
Ensure that if you have a lot of videos on your website, you’re using a mobile friendly platform. You can make a mistake and have a mobile site other than the video. Test it out before publishing. Adobe Flash doesn’t work well on mobile.
Don’t Use Robots.txt
This is special code that tells search engines and web crawlers how to craw their website and blocks them from certain pages. This can cause loading problems for mobile devices.
Each Device Is Different
Keep in mind that each device is different. Use Google Analytics to discover which mobile device is most used by your current visitors and design for that device first, and then expand from there.
If you use redirects, it’s important to ensure that they work right with mobile devices. Some don’t work well. Test all your redirects to ensure that they work and improve them so that the flow isn’t interrupted for the user.
Optimize Landing Pages
A special landing page is often made for promotions, sales and each product or service that you are marketing. Ensure that your landing pages are fully optimized for mobile. One way to do that is to use services like LeadPages.net or Instapage.com to create dynamic landing pages that work across all devices.
Mobile SEO is one of the most important ways to ensure a user-friendly experience for your customers and leads. Don’t skimp on ensuring that you have covered all your bases when it comes to mobile SEO and designing mobile websites.
If you’re a new company and you want to thrive in your industry, the first thing you need to get ahold of is your brand identity. Branding is one of the basic aspects of online marketing, but it’s also one of the most important, if not the most. What do you want your customers to think of when they hear or read your brand online? Most companies and entrepreneurs tend to lose focus on this matter, especially if they are eager to “get by” and make a name for themselves straightaway. (more…)
How to Comply with Google Panda and Penguin Updates
Doing effective SEO has evolved into a more “natural” and “social” process. Algorithm updates, particularly Google’s Penguin and Panda, are continuously changing the course of conducting search engine optimization. Penguin targets bad links while Panda goes after poor content. Google, through their algorithm updates, has reiterated that website owners and search engine optimization practitioners must create a better experience for users. And that trying to manipulate rankings through keyword over optimization, link schemes, and black hat methodologies will only harm your website — and your business.
See our Infographic:
Here are some Penguin and Panda update-compliant SEO methodologies.
Publish High Quality Content
The era of run-of-the-mill, duplicate, and poor content is over. If you want to get into the SEO battle and win, then producing high quality, compelling content should be in your arsenal. Great content is key to increased visitors, more engagement, more inbound links and higher rankings.
- 72% of B2B marketers use content marketing as part of their overall marketing strategy – BtoB Magazine
- 86% of B2C marketers use content marketing – Content Marketing Institute
- 90% of consumers find custom content useful. – TMG Custom Media
- 90% of CMOs say high quality content has a positive effect on audience attitudes – Custom Content Council
- 79% of marketers say their organizations are shifting to branded content – Forrester
- 72% of marketers rate branded content as more effective than magazine ads – Custom Content Council
- 60% of consumers feel more optimistic about a company after reading onsite custom content – Content Plus
Stamp it with Google+
Google+ Authorship & Publishership
Google+ is not just the search engine giant's answer to Facebook. Plus is a social layer that connects all your Google activities. Google+ authorship in particular is a powerful SEO tool as it stamps your content on your website or blog with your identity as an author or publisher; and you are given credit for every piece of content you publish. The accumulation of authorship credits helps you to rank higher on search engines.
Google+ is Growing Fast
- Has 359 million monthly active users as of March 2013
- This is way up from 135 million in December 2012
- From only 100 million users in September 2012
Claim your Authored Content
By creating a Google+ profile and linking it to your website or blog, you can claim authorship of your content with your Google+ profile. Once authorship is claimed, your Google+ profile will show up next to your search results.
Get Indexed Immediately
Content posted on your Google+ will be indexed immediately into the Google search results, increasing the possibility of your Google+ network seeing your posted content in their search results. When your audience engages with your content it will be further advertised to your audience’s network. In this chain reaction, posts have the ability to go viral.
Great Content plus Google+ Influence Search Rankings
High quality and compelling content will most likely receive +1s and shares. These act like social recommendations, influencing what searchers see on Google SERPs while they are logged in to any Google account.
Create Content and Publish it on your Blog
Blogging revolutionized publishing content on the web and is the mother of social media. It is now, and more than ever, a great tool for providing high quality and fresh content to your target audience and for SEO.
Write informative and engaging posts that people want to read, make use of and share with their friends and you acquire back links without engaging in black hat techniques.
- Companies that blog have 97% more inbound links – HubSpot
- 92% of companies who blog multiple times per day have acquired a customer from their blog – HubSpot
- B2B marketers who use blogs generate 67% more leads than those that do not. –InsideView
- Companies that blog receive 434% more indexed pages on average – HubSpot
- Businesses that blog at least 20 times/month get 5x more traffic than those that blog 4 times or less – HubSpot
Do Articles, Press Releases the Right Way
Mass-produced articles and press releases are often tagged as duplicate or poor content, partly due to article spinning, anchor text over optimization and massive submissions. But when implemented the right way, well-written articles and press releases attract the right kind of site visitors.
- 70% of consumers prefer articles over advertisements when it comes to getting to know a company – Content Plus
- 80% of business decision-makers prefer a series of articles over advertisements when it comes to getting information about a company – Content Marketing Institute
Just make sure to AVOID:
- Massive submission of articles and press releases
- Submission to article and press releases farms
- Keyword-rich, overly optimized anchor texts
Use Promotional Copy
Promotional content is a powerful tool. Consumers are attracted to promotional copy because people inherently like good deals. And it's also a type of content that they will share with friends. Consumers visit a site over and over again to check on their latest promotions. Promotions attract visitors, are shared around and produce back links naturally. Promotions attract traffic, leads, customers – and keep them loyal.
- 83% are likely to tell a friend about a company that uses sales promotions, such as special offers, discounts or coupons
- 76% said they have a positive feeling toward a company that offers online sales promotions
- 71% said they are likely to be loyal to a brand that offers online sales promotions
- 66% said online sales promotions improve a company’s image
- 65% said online sales promotions help finalize decisions for undecided buyers
Share It Socially
It's not enough to create high quality content. You need to share it with the world; make sure everyone sees it so that they can link back to your site and share it with their networks. Social sharing completes the modern SEO methodology of attracting social and natural traffic and links. Social media is beneficial not just to SEO, but also to sales as 90% of users listen to recommendations shared from friends.
- 92% of consumers around the world say they trust online recommendations from friends and family, above all other forms of advertising
- 70% read other experiences
- 65% learn more about businesses, brands, products & services
- 53% compliment brands
- 50% express concerns about brands, products & services
- Users spend 30% of their time online on social channels where content can be shared. – AOL & Nielsen
“Natural and social” SEO focuses on creating high quality content users want to read, use, and share. High quality content can spread naturally across social networks as well as build natural links. This consequently results to higher Google rankings.
Google Penguin and Panda updates are meant to improve Google search results for users. Business owners can do their share in improving the user experience by employing SEO service providers that use natural and social methodology. Quality SEO will result in increased exposure of your website, higher rankings in the search engine, more traffic to your website, and result in more sales for your company.
Call us now or send us a message to schedule your free consultation on SEO.
Search Engine Optimization
Fully Optimizing your website is one of the most important factors to help drive more online traffic from search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo. SEO helps the “bots” navigate each individual page on your website.
There are many factors in developing a search engine friendly website. Making sure your informative content is in HTML text format.
Link Structure is also important so the crawler have a clear pathway to navigate the site.
The use of proper Keywords is vital to be found on search engines. Making sure you have the right keywords in your content with the appropriate keyword density can make or break your search results.
Click the link below to get your FREE website SEO audit report:
The higher the score the better. For further instruction or help with your website or online marketing, Contact Us Today!