Why Market on Pinterest? Here's 10 Reasons!
Who knew that Pinterest, that began as yet another photo sharing site would quickly become not only one of the most popular sites on the Web, but would be a fantastic place for small and large business alike to market.
Not convinced? Well then take a look at 10 awesome reasons why you'll want to think about using Pinterest in your marketing mix sooner rather than later!
10 Reasons to market on Pinterest
- Half of them are buyers! – Statistics are showing that more than 47 percent of online shoppers in the U.S. have purchased at least partly from a recommendation on Pinterest.
- It's a social media powerhouse – In regards to e-commerce traffic, Pinterest gets a 41 percent share, while Facebook is second at 37 percent!
- You'll make more money – The typical purchase by a customer that has been referred off of Pinterest is $80, compared to $40 from Facebook.
- They don't bounce – Pinterest users love to stay for a while. For example, they spend an impressive four and a half times more time on Pinterest than on LinkedIn.
- It's popular – Pinterest's popularity has grown quickly, making it now the 16th most visited site in the United States.
- Retailers love it! – An astonishing 90 percent of US online specialty retailers employ Pinterest, which is an 81 percent increase from 2012.
- Pinterest users have disposable income – Pinterest users are doing well. A typical Pinterest user has an annual income of over $100,000 per year, and only 10 percent of them have an income less than $30,000.
- Ripe for rewards and deals – When moms were asked if they would like or follow a brand on Pinterest if rewards or deals were a part of the bargain, a healthy 50 percent said yes!
- Easily viral – It's very common for a pin to go viral as more than 80 percent of Pins end up being Repins!
- A trusted source – Most importantly, a robust 81 percent of women online view Pinterest as a trustworthy source for information.