Issue 013 February 2014 – Grow Smart Growth Bites
Welcome to the latest issue of the Grow Smart Growth Bites, your monthly newsletter dedicated to business growth and development. In this issue:
✮ Can Google Helpouts make a Difference for Your Small Business?
✮ Pinterest – Make This Traffic Giant Convert Like Crazy!
Can Google Helpouts make a Difference for Your Small Business?
The latest offering from the ever-growing suite of Google tools is Google Helpouts, and it might just help out your business in various ways.
Not to be confused with Google hangouts, though they use the same video platform, Helpouts is a way to offer your services to the public at large in a very simple, one to one video chat format.
You may offer these services for free, or charge for them; your choice. Many are using this handy tool to introduce their services and products to a vast new audience for free. Users browse the Helpouts site, seeking a “provider” to help with whatever need they have. These providers are all rated, and their prices and terms are clearly marked.
Several ways you might use Google Helpouts in your small business
Here are ways small businesses are using Google Helpouts
- Low cost or free consulting on specific problems
- If you sell technical or hard to fathom products, you can offer a low-cost tutorial to create satisfied customers
- You can offer your specific expertise related to your market. For instance if you’re a realtor, you can offer a 15 minute consult on how to find the best home in the area. Think of the trust you’ll be building, and who will they call when they need more help? You!
How to get started with Google Helpouts
You’ll need to request an invitation, but like most Google rollouts this quickly becomes a non-issue. They’re anxious to roll this out to as many as they can as fast as they can!
Once approved, you’ll need a few things to get started.
- A Google+ account
- Computer or mobile device
- Webcam (built-in or external)
- Microphone (built-in or external)
- There is a Google Helpouts plugin to download
Your Helpouts profile info is pulled directly from your Google+ account, so that needs to be working for you. Google Helpouts utilizes the four major browsers: Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari, and you’ll need a webcam and at least a 2GHz or greater processor.
Take the time and effort to make sure your video set is lit adequately, and that your headphones and microphone are in good shape. Remember to put your best foot forward for optimum results.
An easy path to know, like and trust!
If you decide to offer Google Helpouts in your business, realize not only the potential it has for expanding your brand’s reach, but also how important it is to make favorable impression, and garner great ratings and testimonials. Helpouts is an easy way to introduce your products and services in a way that is helpful and not salesy, and will definitely help build trust in your brand!
Who knows what the endgame Google has in mind for this, but it would not surprise us if these ended up in local search results at some point, so get out there and help out!
Could your business be generating more customers online?
Contact us today for your free marketing assessment!
Pinterest – Make This Traffic Giant Convert Like Crazy!
There is a new traffic giant looming in the cyberspace, and it’s called Pinterest. Yes, the photo sharing site that you thought was simply a more social Flickr has become a traffic monster that’s growing larger every day. Let’s look at some reasons why Pinterest needs to be on your short list of things to start doing!
Some rather exciting statistics
Just to whet your appetite for what may be possible with Pinterest for your site, let’s look at some recent (2013) stats:
- It’s a fact now that Pinterest now drives more traffic to publishers than Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit and Google+ combined.
- Conversion rates for visitors arriving via Pinterest traffic are 50% higher than conversion rates from other traffic.
- Even better, Pinterest buyers are likely to spend more money, more often, on more items than any of the other top 5 social media sites.
- Pinterest generates 4 times more revenue (per click) than Twitter and 27 percent more per click than Facebook.
- This one’s killer: a single pin brings in $0.78 in sales on average — and that growing! Year over year the value of a pin has grown nearly 25 percent. (Piqora)
- And, these Pins are evergreen – Months after they’ve been pinned, they’re still driving traffic and sales.
Some tips to get in on some of this action!
Okay, now the big question everyone has when trying to figure out how to tap into Pinterest traffic: just how the heck do you accomplish this?
It should go without saying that to begin with you need something to pin. This can be your products or other marketing content that can help potential customers further along the decision process.
As far as strictly lead generation goes, it’s common to pin your content, like any promotional ebooks, event images, unique blog posts, any sort of templates you’ve created, videos, slideshows, Powerpoints, in short, anything that helps to visually tell your story.
The begin adding pins to your own Pinterest account linking back to your products and content. If you haven’t yet developed a Pinterest page of your own, at least be sure to include a Pin It button that users can share your content to their own Pinterest accounts by repinning.
Also, don’t neglect to pin relevant content that’s not your own. Your customers will thank you for it!
Pinning your YouTube videos linking to your channel can really drive traffic to your channel and thus increase the value of your YouTube channel, making the links from your channel to your site pages even more valuable. (A little SEO gem there!)
Getting started with Pinterest for your small business is easy. Take the time to optimize it, and completely fill out your profile. Set up your Pinterest business account today, and begin seeing a rise in traffic tomorrow!
Thanks for Reading!
We welcome your ideas and feedback to make our content more applicable to your needs. Contact us anytime!
Best wishes for much success!
Grow Smart Marketing